19 October 2013

Witchy progress...

After finding the perfect "hair", I woke up early and got it all attached. It looks like several strands of yarn, but is actually all attached in a spiderweb effect! Hard to describe, so here's a pic :


I tried a different way of attaching the hair, basically wrapping the ends in bias binding and stitch them on in rows. I planned ahead of time to make the back of her head black to hide the gaps in the yarn hair - big plus! Loving this angle that shows her eyelashes.... So cute!!



I also added her ruby slippers! I should have done them in fabric before I stitched the legs, but painting them in red then added glitter didn't go too badly.


She now also has a felt witchy hat. It needs a press and maybe some wire to hold its shape, but size wise it's good. The top was freehand cut, only because I was limited to an off-cut of felt I had on hand. It's shorter at the front and dips down at the back....


Now she just needs a tunic.... Do I go simple or set in sleeves?? Probably try simple first, and see what happens...