29 July 2011

I'm EXCITED!!!!

I JUST BOUGHT A BLYTHE DOLL FOR $2.99!!!

I walked into the Salvos shop looking for a flanelette sheet to use as a filler for that big quilt, and there she was, sitting on a shelf! My heart skipped a beat. I picked her up (trying not to look too keen!) put her under my arm, casually walked around the shop, thinking "I hope I actually have $3 in my bag!!!!". I took her to the counter, and the lady said "she's unusual" and I casually said "yes, she is, isn't she??" Then I poked around into the recesses of my purse to find some silver to hand over. Thank goodness I had enough money!!!

This is the SECOND TIME this has happened - what are the odds??? And this one is in much better condition...


The girl on the left is my first Blythe. She cost me $3 also, but her hair is very frizzy, her eyelashes are almost gone, one of her eye chips is missing and she doesn't have her string. The new one (ticket left on as proof!!) is in perfect condition, except for missing shoes. Hair needs some TLC, but her eyes work perfectly, she has her ring and string, and still has her underthings. Not sure if she is repro or not, but WHO CARES???? I certainly don't......