01 July 2011

Another Doll Quilt..

From the look of my first couple of posts, you would think I was a quilter! I am totally not!! I like to dabble, but so far I haven't made anything else. I will rectify that soon, I promise!!
Ok, so I surprised myself with this one. I did the top using foundation piecing but not organised or planned. I just cut a bunch of strips using the 5 or so "matching" fabrics and put down a square and off I went! Some strips were assembled before they got added, to increase the "random" feel. You can probably tell I changed my mind partway through and started adding angled strips....
So once I made my "sandwich" (which I used 1 layer of flannelette - prewashed so it didn't shrink!) I decided to stipple in a large scale. I tell you, it looks so easy on YouTube!! Lots more practice needed before I'm going to be comfortable with this technique. It turned out OK, as long as you don't look too closely.....